|The Club was founded in 1958 and in 1965 amalgamated with Burnley Alsatian Club which was formed in 1960. The Club then became Reedyford Dog Training and German Shepherd Dog Club.|
Originally, the grounds behind Nelson and Colne College were our training site. In 1991 we moved to Ball Grove Park and, in 1998, to our present headquarters at Marsden Community Centre.
In 1967 we staged our first show for both breed and obedience and these shows continued until the German Shepherd side of the club was dissolved, but the obedience side of the club continues to this day.
Over the years:
- Eight members have qualified to work their dogs in Champion Obedience Shows
- Four members' dogs have qualified to work at Crufts
- Two members' dogs have represented the North of England at Crufts
At present, seven of our members have dogs working in Competition Obedience and Rally